Cpx24.com CPM Program

Monday, July 1, 2013

No Streaky Nails.... EVERRRRR!!!

I really hate it when I have a gorgeous shade of nail polish that looks gorgeous in the bottle... Only to have it look majorly streaky once applied. I think it's safe to say that nobody has got time for that.

A few of the top culprits... bright or light cream formula (no frost or shimmer) nail polish shades, and white. Even the best whites can look a bit streaky.  I discovered a mind-blowing solution.  Sounds a bit dramatic, I know, but the results are crazy good.

I love my nail polish to look super even and opaque, true-to-color, and majorly glossy.

Like this...



Hard to believe that this is only with two thin coats of the actual white. I used Sally Hansen X-Treme Wear in White On... One of THE BEST whites, but still a bit streaky unless you do like 3-4 coats, which then can be a bit thick and cause issues like peeling. Not to mention taking forever to dry.

Here's my secret...



 So do your base coat (if you're into those, I skipped it for this manicure), one coat of your nail polish, one thin coat of a matte topcoat, then one more thin coat of your nail polish followed by your top coat. The matte coat just helps the last coat of color go on evenly and opaque with no streaks. It doesn't effect the glossiness of the end result at all. They're just as shiny as always!

I'm LOVING this trick! I've tested this with other colors as well and it works every time!

Have you guys tried this trick? What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment